Friday, July 8, 2011

They're Magically Delicious!

Blue half moons, purple horseshoes, pink hearts, pots of gold, and green clovers can only make you think of one thing....Lucky Charms! Yum! Theres nothing like a bland oat cereal spunked up with some colorful marshmallows. The marshmallows have changed up so much over the years I didn't know which ones I wanted, so I picked the ones I remembered the most as a kid--although I believe the pot of gold is a fairly new edition, but who doesn't want any gold, especially a pot full. Heehee. I've been itching to do this design and I'm not sure why (my favorite cereal is actually Cinnamon Toast Crunch) but I kept puttin it off because I was so intimidated by Lucky (the leprechaun). I don't wanna toot my own horn or anything but I'm very pleased with how he came out (toot toot). They're always after me lucky charms!

 





I used Orly's 'Poison Apple' as a base. For Lucky, on the thumb, I used China Glaze's 'Sunset Sail' for his face, Nina Ultra Pro's 'Guava' and Orly's 'Truly Tangerine', mixed together for his hair, Nail Art Pen by Nubar--Basic White for his eyes and mouth, Nail Art Pen by Nubar--Black for his eyes, and Sinful Color's 'HD Nails' for his hat and shirt. For "Lucky Charms" I used Nail Art Pen by Nubar--Sunny Yellow. For the rainbow on the pinky I used Orly's 'Snowcone', Zoya's 'Pippa', and Orly's 'It's Not You, Its Me', and for the clover, on the pointer, I used Sinful Color's 'HD Nails', all topped off with two coats of Seche Vite.


<>
I used Orly's 'Poison Apple' as a base. For the pot of gold I used Zoya's 'Pippa' and Orly's 'Solid Gold. For the pink heart I used Orly's 'Its Not You, Its Me'. For the green clover/hat combo I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 'Lickety-Split Lime' and Sally Hansen SALON's 'All the White Stuff' mixed together for the hat, for the clover I used Sinful Color's 'HD Nails'. For the purple horseshoe I used OPI's 'Done Out in Deco' and China Glaze's 'Grape Pop' mixed together. For the blue half moon I used Orly's 'Snowcone', all topped off with two coats of Seche Vite.


No comments:

Post a Comment