Friday, April 29, 2011

In the Army Now

Hut 2, 3, 4! Hut 2, 3, 4! Attention, Halt! I've always had a special love for camouflage, even when it wasn't "in style". This is a mani I've been wanting to try but I thought it was gonna be really difficult, jokes on me ha-ha-ha-ha, it was actually quite easy. I think next time I'm gonna use some crazy colors or some non-military-approved colors I should say lol. Anyhow TGIF and happy Friday!


In the shade


In the sun


For the base I used Zoya's 'Shawn' , the brown I used Orly's 'Prince Charming', for the lighter green I mixed Zoya's 'Shawn' with Zoya's 'Pippa' and OPI's 'Sweet Heart', for the black O used L.A. Colors' Art Deco--Black, all topped off with two coats of Seche Vite


How I did it:



First using Seche Clear I painted a clear base




Next I painted two coats of Zoya's 'Shawn'



Using Orly's 'Prince Charming' I painted a few random spots

To make the lighter green I mixed OPI's 'Sweet Heart', Zoya's 'Pippa', and Zoya's 'Shawn'
I painted around the brown spots that  I had  painted previously



Using LA Color's Art Deco--Black I "filled" in the spaces
 (be sure that some of the base green color shows through too)


All topped off with two coats of Seche Vite

P.s. please excuse the blurry photos, I'm still working on my photography skills lol
       I hope this helps : D

6 comments:

  1. This is really cute!! I need to try this some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I think that the nonmilitary approved colors version would be even cuter. How did you do this? Tutorial, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I like it!

    By the way, I felt a need to post some of the designs Ruby has done, so I created a Blog for both her and me, check it out, when you get a chance :-)

    http://rubyneva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks & I'm gonna work on some type of tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice! thanks for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MUST TRY NOW! i have a friend in the army and ive wanted to do a camo nail FOREVSSS but it always comes out so messy! i LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete