Sunday, August 7, 2011

Carpet-teer

I just returned from an awesome trip in Orlando, FL. I was trying to do this post while I was there but it wasn't working out for me booooooooo. There was so much inspiration there from my adventures to Epcot and the drama at Magic Kingdom, all the way to the lobby of my hotel, and the great time I had people-watching (come on, we all do it lol). The hotel had some awesome carpet (as far as pattern/design goes) hence the title Carpet-teer. What was so crazy was I had only brought four colors with me and they resembled the colors of the carpet so close I couldn't help but to do this design. Sadly, I don't think I took enough pictures, there was literally a different design on every floor. Even the furniture was inspiring, beautiful lamp fixtures, cool lawn furniture...perhaps for future nail art ideas. Of course I won't forget my time at the beach, I have some ideas for the trip alone heeheehee.

My inspiration
The carpet on the lobby floor of the Hilton Orlando


My nails

For the base I used China Glaze's 'Metallic Muse'. For the stripes I used Zoya's 'Kelly' and Zoya's 'Pippa'. For the flowers I used Nina Ultra Pro's 'Punki Pink' and Zoya's 'Pippa', all topped off with two coats of Seche Vite.


I ready for another vacation already lol

2 comments: